Critically endangered turtle numbers have been bolstered slightly at Yabba Creek this week, with seven, white-throated snapping turtle hatchlings released into the wild. Their mother, Yurtle, was rescued from the Imbil waterway in December, after suffering serious face and head trauma, sadly losing both her eyes. Chief of staff Rosie Booth says...
A group of tipsy Melbourne visitors in Noosa have unknowingly hitched a ride to Hastings Street with a former Australian Prime Minister after mistaking him for an Uber driver. The group of four approached Kevin Rudd’s car after they thought he was their Uber driver during wet weather on Tuesday night. It...
Construction on the $3million Community House at Peregian Beach is underway. The Rufous St multi-use facility is due to be complete at the end of the year. Noosa Mayor Clare Stewart says the legacy project is a valuable addition to the community and is part of over a $10 million investment into...
More Articles ...
- Update: Assault, Landsborough
- No Covid cases on the coast despite close contacts
- 'Close contact' of COVID case shops at Sunshine Coast Woolies
- Shark nets removed on Sunny Coast due to rough weather
- Teen accused of threatening bottle-o worker at knife-point
- No Easter lockdown but masks to stay for all QLD
- Local seafood suppliers busy despite Easter uncertainty
- Coast mum warns of serious respiratory illness rampant in daycares
- Lisa Curry in isolation after attending Surf Life Saving comp
- Baby turtle to be set free after swallowing plastic