Rubbish will soon be zooming under people's feet in the Maroochydore CBD as part of a $20 waste collection system which is being dubbed the first of its kind in the country. The underground 6.5 kilometre network of pipes is vacuum powered. Waste and recyclables from buildings and public bins will travel...
You might have been reaching for a jumper this morning with temperatures plummeting to their lowest of the year across the south east corner. On the thermometer at the Sunshine Coast airport, the mercury dropped to 11C and in Gympie it was 9.4C. Tewantin was 12C, and Nambour recorded 13.3. The temperatures are...
A Queensland Police officer has been stood down from duty and is set to face court over allegations of weapons offences. The 49 year old sergeant from the Central Region, which extends from Beerwah in the south to Bowen in the north, has been tasked to perform non-operational duties. A Queensland Police...
More Articles ...
- Endangered turtle hatchlings released into Imbil creek
- Noosa partygoers mistake Kevin Rudd for Uber driver
- Sod turned on Peregian Beach Community House
- Fears for young boys missing for nearly 24 hours
- Major search underway for missing rescued greyhound
- Tourism operators burst with excitement over trans-Tasman bubble
- More than 2,000 USC graduates receive hard-earned degrees
- Traces of COVID found in Sunshine Coast sewage
- Man suffers injury to his side in alleged wounding incident
- Rain gauges fill up across the Sunshine Coast