Peregian Fire Warning
UPDATED 11:30AM 17/9/19 | A fire is still smouldering within containment lines near Woodland Drive, Peregian.
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) crews continue to patrol and monitor the area.
There is no threat to property at this time.
Smoke may affect surrounding areas.
Residents are advised to close windows and doors, and keep respiratory medications close by.
Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions.
If you feel your property is under threat, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at http://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.
Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire in Peregian.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 4pm Wednesday 11 September, a fire is no longer active within the Peregian area. Firefighters will remain on scene dampening down hotspots.
Queensland Police Service (QPS) has now revoked the Peregian Springs and Peregian Beach PSPA, encompassing Peregian Springs, Peregian Beach, Peregian Breeze Estate, Weyba Downs, Marcus Beach and Castaways Beach. All residents can return to their homes, however should remain vigilant.
Residents should avoid walking in areas affected by the fire, including the National Park between David Low Way and Emu Mountain Road and the Peregian Beach foreshore, as there may be hot spots under the sand that could cause significant damage.
People in the area will continue to be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality. Residents are asked to close windows and doors and if suffering from a respiratory condition, keep their medication close by.
Evacuation centres remain open at:
• Nambour Showgrounds on Coronation Avenue, Nambour
• Fishermans Road Multi Sports Centre at 108 Fishermans Road, Maroochydore
• Noosa Leisure Centre, Wallace Drive, Noosaville
• The J Noosa, 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Junction.
Properties are not under direct threat at this time. Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.