Slow moving storm dumps heavy rain on Sunshine Coast hinterland
The Sunshine Coast hinterland is being hit by some heavy rainfall.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe storm warning for slow-moving storms near Conondale
They are forecast to affect Mapleton, Kenilworth and the area northwest of Mapleton by 5:50 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely, with 59mm falling in just one hour to 5:28pm at Conondale.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts.