Advertisement

Man taken to hospital with burns after Gympie house fire

August 16, 2022 7:05 am in by
Local News

Fire_truck_-_Logan_House_Fire_Support_Network_Facebook.JPG

A two-storey home has gone up in flames in Gympie.

The blaze broke out just before 5am on Tuesday, with multiple fire crews racing to the scene on Parsons Road.

Neighbour Col called emergency services after hearing gas bottles explode at the home.

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement

“I went out the back and here’s the house on fire so I raced inside and got the old phone and called the old Triple Zero, but gee it went up pretty quick.”

Fire crews had the flames under control shortly before 6am, and had extinguished the blaze by 6.20am.

A QFES spokesperson tells us everyone inside the home was accounted for, however one person was taken to Gympie Hospital with minor burns to multiple parts of his body.

Paramedics say they transported the man in a stable condition.

Fire investigators have been called in, and are expected to attend the scene later this morning.
 

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement
Advertisement

Keep up to date

Sign up for our newsletter