Can The Band DNCE Understand Us Aussie's?
How's the aussie slang going for you?? Here are 20 of the good ones
- A Cold One – Beer
- Arvo – Afternoon
- Aussie Salute – Wave to scare the flies
- Bail – To cancel plans. ‘Bruce bailed’ = Bruce isn’t going to turn up.
- Barbie – Barbecue
- Bathers – Swimsuit
- Beauty! – Great! Most often exclaimed as “You Beauty”
- Billabong – A pond in a dry riverbed
- Billy – Teapot (In the Outback on the fire)
- Bloody – Very. Used to extenuate a point
- Bloody oath – yes or its true. “You right mate?”… “Bloody Oath”
- Bludger – Someone who’s lazy, generally also who relies on others (when it’s someone who relies on the state they’re often called a ‘dole bludger’)
- Bogan – This word is used for people who are, well let’s say, rednecks. Or, if you like, just call your friends a bogan when they are acting weird.
- Booze Bus – Police vehicle used to catch drunk drivers
- Bottle-O – Bottle Shop, basically a place to buy alcohol
- Brekky – Breakfast
- Brolly – Umbrella
- Bruce – An Aussie Bloke
- Budgie Smugglers – Speedos
- Bush – The Outback.
But does DNCE understand our Aussie Slang? Watch to find out